COVID Special Issue Awards--2020-2021
- Lia Fernald. “Effects of COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies on Economically-Disadvantaged Children and Families in California”
- Laura Packel, Sandi McCoy, Jenny Liu (UCSF). “Women’s Health and COVID-19: Understanding Shifting Needs, Perceptions and Access in Kenya and Rwanda”
- Julie Deardorff, Brenda Eskenazi. “Mental health and other socio-medical consequences of COVID-19 response measures among low-income Latinx families”
- Stephanie Child, Claude Fischer, Leora Lawton (UCB); Anthony Paik, Mark Pachuki (Amherst); Raffaele Vacca (UF). “The Impact of Sheltering-in-Place on Mental Health: The Role of Personal Networks”
- Yan Long. “Disease Prevention and the role of Community Organizations: Responses to Covid-19 in China and the U.S.”
- Ted Miguel, Michael Walker. “Understanding Economic Outcomes and Resilience to COVID-19: Evidence from the Kenya Life Panel Survey”
- Lisa Barcellos, Eva Harris, Joe Lewnard, Nick Jewell. “Community-based sampling of asymptomatic individuals in the Northern California Bay Area for surveillance of SARS-CoV-2”
- Joe Lewnard and Ayesha Mahmud. “"Characterizing the early transmission dynamics and clinical spectrum of SARS-CoV-2 in the United States" “
- Dennis Feehan and Ayesha Mahmud. “Measuring changes in interpersonal contact during the COVID-19 pandemic in the US”
- Mahmud, Ayesha. "Characterizing climate-driven population migration and displacement patterns in Bangladesh"
- Snell-Rood, Claire. "Those who stay: the behavioral development and health of rural emerging adults who do not migrate"
- Reynolds, Sarah (and Laura Cuesta). "Child support from nonresident fathers and child well-being in Latin America"
- Chris Muller. "Agricultural Mechanization and Mass Incarceration"
- Irene Bloemraad and Jasmijn Slootjes. "Putting Immigrant Services on the Map - Using Machine Learning to Identify Immigrant Serving Non-Profits & Developing an Immigrant Services Accessibility Index”"
- Laraia, Barbara and Mujahid, Mahasin. "Adolescent residential mobility and racial disparities in cardiovascular health after transition to adulthood"
- Feehan, Dennis. "Estimating adult mortality using sampled social network data in 27 Brazilian cities"
- Harding, David. "Health Trajectories and Racial Disparities in the Transition to Adulthood"
- McCoy, Sandra. "Living with HIV in Tanzania"
- Johnson-Hanks, Jenna. "Changing Masculinities and Reproductive Health"
- Ozer, Emily. "Enhancing Measurement of Youth Civic Empowerment"
- Smith, Sandra. "The Prevalence, Incidence, and Nature of Traumatic Loss in Low-Income Communities of Color"
- Potts, Malcolm. "A bold new research agenda for sustainable development in the Sahel"
- Gomez, Anu. "A Couple-Level Approach to Understanding Unintended Pregnancy"
- Miguel, Ted and Fernald, Lia. "Intergenerational impacts of health investments in Kenya"
- Fernald, Lia. "Preventing chronic malnutrition in Madagascar"
- Schneider, Daniel. "Employment Precarity and Family Well-Being"
- Fernald, Lia. "Household structure and transitions in the developing world: Associations with child welfare"
- Satariano, William. "The role of place on disparities in life expectancy and mortality"
- Mujahid, Mahasin and Barbara Laraia. "Exploring the Associations of neighborhood crime and traffic safety with functional limitations, global health status and multiple morbidities in a cohort of diabetics"
- Ozer, Emily. "Identifying and Strengthening Pathways for Effective Cash Incentives: Promoting Safer Sex Among Sex Workers in Tanzania"
- Haveman, Heather. "The changing face of the American law professor"
- Laraia, Barbara & Smith-Jones, Jessica. "Will supermarkets in low income neighborhoods improve dietary intake "
- Catalano, Ray. "Selection In Utero: A Test of Competing Explanations"
- Dow, Will. "Using Group Commitment To Promote Smoking Cessation in Thailand."
- Hout, Mike. "Constructing linked data files from US manuscript censuses."
- Magruder, Jeremy. "The role of social networks in employment following migration"
- Wilmoth, John. "Mortality Estimation for Sub-Saharan African Populations"
- Handel, Benjamin and Ted Miguel. " Understanding the Impacts of, and Demand for, Water Treatment and Modern Health Care in Rural India. "
- Fernald, Lia; Rehkopf, David. "The effects of permanent income shock on health: pathways and mechanisms. "
- Lia Fernald, Jessica Jones-Smith. "Using SITAR methods to analyze children.s longitudinal growth trajectories in two unique datasets."
- J. Keith Gilless. "Workshop: climate change issues associated with population and health, with an emphasis on Central & South America" (co-funded with RWJ).
- Leora Lawton. "Work-family balance and employer flexibility policies. "
- David Levine. "Improved contracts for improved cookstoves."
- Barbara Abrams "Long-Term Maternal Weight Gain Related to Pregnancy in American Women" (co-funded with RWJ).
- Sabrina Agarwal; Lauren Milligan. "Maternal and infant health of the Aeta of Luzon, Philippines. "
- Jennifer Ahern. "Macro-level shocks and gestational outcomes" (co-funded with RWJ).
- Julianna Deardorff. "Social environment and stress reactivity as determinants of early puberty, a risk factor for cancer in adulthood" (co-funded with RWJ).
- Stefano DellaVigna. "The Obama Effect on Economic Outcomes: Evidence from Event Studies."
- Will Dow. "Using Group Commitment To Promote Smoking Cessation in Thailand" (co-funded with CEDA).
- Hutson, Malo; Mahasin Mujahid; George Kaplan. "Metropolitan Fragmentation and Segregation: Its Impact on Neighborhoods and Health" (co-funded with RWJ).
- Amani Nuru-Jeter. "Premature physiological aging among African-American women: a study on race and racism."
- Nancy Padian, Sandi McCoy. "Acceptability of Conditional Cash Transfers for HIV Prevention in Oakland" (co-funded with RWJ).
- Ndola Prata. "Community-based sentinel surveillance with verbal autopsy for maternal deaths in Tigray, Ethiopia."
- Sylvia Guendelman; Dorothy Thornton. "Adolescent Childbearing and Depression" (co-funded with RWJ).
- John Wilmoth. " John Wilmoth " (co-funded with CEDA).
- Lisa Barcellos (w/Farren Briggs). "An investigation of DNA methylation profiles in multiple sclerosis by phenotype and ethnicity " (co-funded with RWJ).
- Stefano DellaVigna. "Behavioral and Psychological Factors in Online Game Playing."
- Lia Fernald & Paul Gertler. "The effect of day care availability on child development and maternal labor supply: Preparing for a randomized experiment in Mexico" (co-funded with RWJ).
- Claude Fischer. "Changes in social networks over the later life cycle" (co-funded with CEDA).
- Lia Fernald, Jenna Nobles. "Children's Growth in Changing Nutritional and Economic Environments: Using Longitudinal Data from the Oportunidades/PROGRESA Program" (Co-funded with RWJ).
- Paul Gertler. "The impact of Mexican antipoverty policy on illegal immigration to the US" (co-funded with RWJ).
- Denise Herd "The Impact of Neighborhoods, Alcohol Outlets and Violence on Health Disparities in Low Birth Weight among African American, Hispanic and White Women in California" (Co-funded with RWJ).
- Ethan Ligon. "Sharing in networks: Individuals or households" (co-funded with CEDA).
- Enrico Moretti. "Changes in Income Inequality and Cost of Living" (Co-funded with RWJ).
- Elisabeth Sadoulet. "Returns to Reproductive Health Care" (Co-funded with CHR).
- Irene Bloemraad. "Building a Web Resource of Available Datasets with Migration Data."
- Ann Swidler "Qualitative Supplement to Conditional Cash Transfer Study in Tanzania."
- Thornton, Dorothy and Sylvia Guendelman. "Obstetric Complications and Preterm Delivery in Californian Women with Depression." (Co-funded with RWJ)
- Edward Miguel. "Impacts of Youth Vocational Education in Kenya."
- Kaja LeWinn. "Social status, neurobiological correlates of emotion regulation, and physiological reactivity: understanding how the subjective experience of social class is biologically embodied." (Co-funded with RWJ).
- Julian Chow. "Integration of Welfare, Mental Health, and Workforce Development for Asian Immigrant Welfare Users."
- David Levine. "Improved Stoves for Health and Environmental Sustainability."
- Jonathan Simon. "Youth Violence and Neighborhood Change: New Immigrants in Oakland, California."